Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Worrywart...

If you know me well (OK - If you have met me), you know I worry....Now I don't worry about cancer, world peace or global warming...No, no....I worry about much more important things like:

  • do we have Christmas stamps for the Christmas cards...
  • are the girls' socks white enough...
  • did I spellcheck...
  • using only pencil in my planner in case of change...I hate using white out and I DO NOT scratch out...
  • signing every tax return legibly
  • downloading and editing pictures at least twice a week
  • the list could go on and on and on...just ask Shane, Ashley, Jen, Lucy, my mom - they would be MORE than happy to continue the list...
You are probably yelling at the computer for me to get some help...Years of therapy have taught me one thing...This is not going to change...Almost every night I have to envision myself locked in a dark cell with only a cot...And on a good night it only takes me like 20 times to remind myself to stopping thinking of other things and focus on being very still on the cot before I fall asleep...Therefore anxiety medications (all 4 of them) are VERY important to me...

But I realized something today...and I dare say this could be a MAJOR turning point in my life....

The "as of yet to be ordered" Christmas cards just turned into New Year cards - and that, my friend, is what I call a big step toward a worry free existence...I'll keep you posted...but in the meantime...it's time for my nighttime meds....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put Santa on the front with a caption saying, "HO HO HOpe you had a good Christmas." NO worries. :)

Ali said...

Oops, forgot to type my name in that last post. Sorry!

Sandy said...

Heather, Heather, Heather..you are not goingto like this cure for worry, but it seems to come with age 50!! I speak from experience. Ha!!

Andy said...

Let me know if you need coaching. I'm cheap and an expert!