Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Low Expectations...

It's comforting that the one place that has NO EXPECTATIONS whatsoever about your appearance is the Oncologist's office.
 
Pajamas - check. 
Dirty hair...lucky dog still has hair!
The scent of moth balls or Old Spice - no problem...
Chipped Nail Polish?  No manis and pedis due to risk of infection...
Torn Wham Concert T-shirt from the 80's? - I'd wear one in a heartbeat! NO ONE would notice!

The staff is just genuinely happy that you made it to another appointment...Just another day closer to the cure!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Seriously - you have a WHAM shirt from the 80's??? oh my lord. You know my thing about shirts with dates on them from previous years. I will purchase you a new WHAM shirt to wear to the DR office.

Ali said...

Sadly, that sounds like the way I look on a daily basis if you sub in Walmart discount rack for pjs. No WHAM shirts, but I DO have a ragdoll shirt from MCA. If I put on lipstick, I consider that "all dressed up". :)