Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Just so you know that I'm normal...

And by normal...I know that leaves PLENTY of room for interpretation...but I wanted you to know that today I had an all out cry fest...

I cried A LOT....I asked "Why Me" A LOT...I even maybe screamed a little (remind me to tell the neighbors it's cancer, not time for the padded cell)...  and I didn't want to call anyone and cry to anyone because everyone has busy lives and don't need to hear a blabbering idiot on the other end of the line...

But three things happened, my mom came by to put food in the fridge and finish some laundry (lifesaver) and while she was here, she rubbed my neck which is so stiff from the protein shot and she rubbed my hair like she did when I was a little girl and she kissed me and hugged me and told me it was OK to cry anytime...then Shane came home after getting an SOS text from me and quietly laid beside me and worked from home while I rested and lastly, and really the most comforting for today was a card from a friend Vivian...a quiet friend...and the card stated on the outside:

"Why? Somewhere in your heart, you're probably asking this question."

And that card from Vivian plus some TLC from Shane and my mom was the perfect answer for today's outburst.  That card told me that is is OK to yell and scream and ask Why? sometimes...As long as we wash away those tears with hope for the next day.  Looking forward to laughs tomorrow - hopefully you are too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Somehow you just have to take it day by day. This too shall pass :)

ashley said...

You know what my busy life consisted of today, playing jigzone! You could have called! Don't worry, I've got my pep talk all ready for tomorrow. No tears on my watch (ok, maybe just a few!). Also guess what, Friday is the last day for steroids!!!!

Jeanne Pellerin said...

God bless you!!!