Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Laugh...

It's a simple word...I can get lost in it...I can search on etsy for the word "laugh" for hours...just looking at all the handmade goodies that include the word LAUGH...


Ironman (with the help of Ash) bought this from etsy after one of my searches...This morning Avery asked what this block spelled... I said "laugh"...She said, "That's a funny word."  And she's right...I told her it's pretty much my favorite word...Because if everyday includes a laugh...It's a good day...

yesterday (and it is continuing today) has been filled with insane pain...the nerve endings from my abs up to my head are on overload...even a sweep from my cotton nightgown is like an electric shock to my system...I've tried everything (but please, feel free to suggest something else)...We think it's the Neulasta protein shot...I can guarantee it's chemo related, so I'm not exactly surprised....

so Ashley heard from a woman who took the shot that she found relief from lying on the cold tile floor...so at midnight last night...I was lying on the kitchen floor while Shane searched the Internet for any other nutty pain relievers...And while lying on the tile floor did help, my legs were shaking because they were freezing and my medi port was aching and my butt bones were burrowing into the floor...reading how much everyone hates this shot...we were laughing...because we were together...in this crazy thing called cancer...and it's better than being alone...

2 comments:

Debby Schuh said...

What a picture! :) Praying today that you'll find relief... and a good laugh for today. I so admire your attitude!!! You go girl!

Teri said...

Well did you get a pic of that? That's some awesome scrapbooking material maybe my turn around thingy has an embellishment you can borrow! (FYI - inside joke)