Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Damn 'roids...

Steroids, not hemorrhoids...just to clear up any confusion...so I got in bed at 10pm and slept on and off....more off until now (1:30am).  Yesterday was chemo day, and the best part of chemo day is the fantastic night sleep I get that night.  Last night I slept from 8pm until 9:30am...I guess the steroids aren't fully "oonce oonce" dancing by then....

Chemo went well yesterday...Sister Jen (as in my sister, not a Nun in the Catholic Church) hung out with me all day during chemo and *BONUS* addressed all of my New Year's Card... Once she saw my wobbly chemo handwriting, she decided I could stuff and stamp - SCORE for ME!!!  Part of them got mailed today, but then we ran out of envelopes so that certainly impeded our process...so then...she took a nap...

As you look around the chemo room (when all of the recliners aren't filled with patients), it's comical to see how many "caregivers" are asleep while the chemo patient is WIDE awake...I even mentioned this to one of the nurses...she said, "it's the steroids that keep you awake", so naturally I asked if the caregivers could get a little side of steroid to keep them awake...she just laughed - but I was SERIOUS!!!!



"BFF from College Jen" is coming to hang out tomorrow. (There are so many Jens in my life that they all have titles) I warned her that I would probably fall asleep while she was talking to me, but with 3 girls ages 7, 5 and a newborn she will just crawl in bed with me without any hesitation.  Little does she know that designing some built in bookshelves for the Bonus Room is on her agenda, but she's an architect, I figure 30 minutes and done!

I've been procrastinating long enough, I guess I'll do some work - accounting work...I need to do something for that paycheck that keeps rolling in...Soon that paycheck is going to be rolling out to the new CPAs, but I couldn't me more thankful to have found three fun, competent and trustworthy people to join us this tax season. 

I have another blog post in the works, but I can't push it...You've given me your attention for long enough, and for that I am stunned!!!!!  Hope you are sleeping!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Still awake over here too! My nemesis is killer heartburn. Hope you get some rest soon. Take care.

Terri said...

Guilty of assuming the "other" 'roid - lol

Vivian said...

Thanks for the NY card...I love it! Beautiful beautiful family....