Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Choosing a sitter - Part Deux

Had my third chemo today - Usually sleep like a log on Night One - but tonight I am WIRED and SWEATING (you know...the 'roids)...

So, let's revisit the "sitter" issue...Remember... Choosing one Wisely???  The day after Chemo One Nurse Karen came and spoiled me rotten...just catching you up...you don't have chemo brain do you???

Day two post Chemo One AND my birthday my sitter was...Melanie Hyatt... a real life nurse...a fabulous friend that I made after moving to Baton Rouge - of the scrapper variety naturally, so you know, she's gotta be a little "off"...on the creative side of life...you know...

Now more than once I have broken down in tears while on the phone with Melanie since this "adventure" began...Luckily I can be totally open with Melanie...and that means she gets to "hear" the tears fall sometimes...

So what does this wonderful woman bring me on my birthday and my second day after chemo?  please, prepare yourself....

(Now here's where you have to imagine the picture I took but have since lost and I REALLY thought about staging another one, but it's the middle of the night and I have neither a sweet potato nor a McDonald's cheeseburger handy...)

yes, a sweet potato and a McDonald's cheeseburger...and armed with a warning that SHE needed a nap...I'm not passing judgement here...My goal here is to educate...

When I started to look sleepy she grabbed the down comforter from my bed and snuggled onto my den sofa...OUT LIKE A LIGHT I tell 'ya!!!  I was tiptoeing around HER!!!

Since then, I have now assigned her to Morgan and Avery duty and abandoned Sitter Duty altogether.  No one needs to come hang out at my house all day and talk to me in between naps - that's just silly - so no Sitters needed...I'll let you know if that changes...But visitors are welcome...especially with Sonic drinks!

I hope this post will aid you assigning Sitter duties if the need every arises.  Remember, I'm here to educate.  And Melanie....I LOVE YOU!!!!!!


(circa 2009)

No comments: