Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A pinch of creativity...

That's how much I had this week...not even a cup...but it was enough to get me back in my scrapbook room and that was perfect!!  So let me tell you what REALLY got me back in my scrapbook room....

See, I'm a sucker for architectural details...Can't afford them,  but I love them...so everytime my boyfriend Kevin comes over for a "project" ("project" is the code word for "something Heather designed in her head with no actual skills to create it, and Kevin gets to figure out")...I  make sure something pretty is included on his list...

Let me explain the boyfriend part...I have the MOST fantastic Ironman husband - Would NOT TRADE him for anything...and he's handy with a lightbulb or a loose fence board, but when it comes to creating the visions that dance around in my head....well, there's Kevin...Shane and Kevin's wife are fine with this arrangement.  Kevin's wife actually introduced us...she keeps my house free from the health inspector, and she waters my plants to boot... and Shane's just happy that I don't bug HIM to figure out how to create the "sugarplums dancing through my head"...

Kevin's main job this time was shelving the attic - totally Shane's request...Is it pretty??  Does it involve salvaged materials??? NO - so you know that project wasn't on MY list...but since he was here, I asked him to trim out the upstairs windows, and build some built in bookshelves in my bowling alley of a "bonus room" - see...the good stuff!!!  The bookshelves are in progress...I'll be sure to show you the before and after, but only if you promise not to try to cheat on me with Kevin...I don't mind waiting for him to fit me in between "real" jobs, but I still need to be his #1 girlfriend  :)

So back to the trimmed windows - one of which is in my scrapbook room and Thursday was a lovely sunny breezy day, so I opened that beautifully trimmed out window and sunned my toes...


While sunning my toes, I started to look around at piles of "layouts in progress" (term used loosely) and decided to work on a few of them.  By this morning I had four pages completed....I owe it all to my tanned toes.....





These may not be my best creations... but they are the first ones since that whole cancer thing went public...so hell, they are better than nothing...and I broke the dry spell and that's the most important part, because everyday is just a little better if I get to create....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing!!!! Beautiful.... plus so much more!!!! Really Heather I've saw your work at Jen's Baby Shower, and I was blown away!!!! You are amazing!!!!

Unknown said...

Amazing!!!! Beautiful.... plus so much more!!!! Really Heather I've saw your work at Jen's Baby Shower, and I was blown away!!!! You are amazing!!!!

Amy Beth Kloner said...

Hang on . .. wait a second... aren't you an accountant?! How do you have such incredible creativity!!? You are an anomaly!! I'm in awe...