Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

And we sit and wait...

for the power to go out. The wind keeps trying to blow the front door open, and the rain is beating on the windows and the electricty keeps flickering, but so far so good - except for the fight for the Snow White bank - we have two - do you think that matters? Of course not!

I made this little collage of Avery's Hurricane Dance. Avery is my snuggle bug, my silly girl, my not afraid of anything little girl...




And then Morgan is my Hurricane girl. Born on August 29, for Katrina, I bought her birthday cake in Kroger in Florida during our evacuation. This year, we were just in the midst of hurricance preparations for her birthday. She was oblivious to anything NOT Hannah Montana

As long as I have internet access, I'm fine - even though we did receive news that school will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday - and our babysitter evacuated to Texas - the nerve of her! I'll face those two days with extra meds! Stay safe everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are at my moms because we lose power on a sunny clear day. We still have electricity so the kids are watching a movie and I am playing on the computer. I brought some of my scrapbooking stuff here to work on when the lights go out. I'm going to use as much of the electricity as possible until it goes out. The wind has kicked up quite a bit in the last hour. Karen and Jill are on their way to the Grand Canyon this morning. They flew out Saturday to go to Creative Escapes. Since they had to fly out a few days earlier they are making the best of it. Wish I was there with them. Good luck keeping the little ones busy. Stay safe. Teri

Megan said...

hey heather - how is it going? We worry about you guys up here.