Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Adventures with Zoe and Memories of my Sweet Grandmother...

Two ToTAlly unrelated subjects...

First, my sweet grandmother Ethel (GiGi's mom)... Grandma Ethel had 7 children, which equates to a zillion grandchildren - but she NEVER missed a dance recital, baseball game, wrestling match or school play... And for the girls, she always brought a bouquet of flowers. As she got older, and limited her driving, instead of florist bouquets, the girls got freshly cut bouquets from her garden. They always smelled sweeter than the store bought kind. I'll never forget how special I felt knowing that Grandma Ethel would be waiting at the end of the performance with a big hug and a bouquet of flowers.

Yesterday we went to GiGi's house because naturally Morgan had to tell GiGi about EVERY minute of First Grade! I was instantly back in high school at the end of a chorus performance when I saw Morgan, Avery and GiGi go to the backyard to cut flower for their teachers. M&A were so excited about bringing flowers to school today. I'm so happy they will have wonderful memories about flower bouquets from their GiGi's garden.
trust me - I tried to snag that headband out of Avery's hair...

And now, sweet Zoe...everyone that knows Avery knows that she eats, sleeps and lives dogs. She wants dog purses, dogs on her clothes, dogs monogrammed on her backpack... So my friend Paula is looking for a home for her dog Zoe - perfect! I tell the girls that we need to "puppysit" for Miss Paula's dog Zoe. Let's just try out this dog thing before we commit...

So I pick up Zoe from Paula's house and she IS sweet and precious. I picked the girls up from school with Zoe in the car (don't start calling the Humane Society - I left the A/C on full blast). OMG - they were beyond excited when they got to the car. That excitement lasted for a full 15 minutes after we got home. The next 15 minutes, they fought over who could touch her, and after that, they pretty much forgot she was there.... So poor Zoe was left to hang out with me - and I don't think laundry and dishes are her idea of fun...






Have no worries about precious little Zoe. There are eight other families wanting to adopt Zoe. I'm sure she will make another family very happy - unfortunately she would have caused this mother to take more medication.... Happy trails Zoe!

1 comment:

Paula D said...

Tell the girls thanks for puppy sitting. Zoe enjoyed her time with y'all as well as the car rides. Zoe will be visiting a lady this afternoon by the name of "Alice". She has one dog now, and is itching to get her dog, Zeta, a "friend". She's so excited to have Zeta & Zoe together, although I warned her that one of the reasons we need to find Zoe a new home is that Zoe loves other dogs, but plays non-stop (in a hyper frenzy) with our other dog, Chewee. Once Zoe is gone, hopefully I can decrease my own "meds" :-)