Pages

Monday, December 4, 2017

What I call "Dread Day"

So we are heading out for Chemo #2 today.  This week I became keenly aware of how it feels when I need a blood transfusion and spent a day and a half at the hospital getting three bags of blood and two bags of platelets.  I applaud every blood donor, and I know that we all can't give  (hell, they won't take my blood), but when my head has been pounding with a migraine for 3 days and all I can hear is my own pulse in my ears I am completely grateful for blood donors.

We celebrated Avery's 13th birthday this week with no less than 3 events and sadly, one of my presents to her was a shaved head - mother of the year award right?  At least I sent both girls a text before they got home from school with a warning - that counts right?

I could only take two days of  tumbleweeds of hair in the house before I called it quits.  It was a cute "#2 with clippers” on Thursday and Friday for Avery's birthday and Shane's work party, but as of today we are down to "patchiness bordering on baldness" - and yet you know what hanging on?  The GREY!  My nephew and brother-in-law got a matching "#2" this week.

We will see the doctor tomorrow and be admitted to the hospital when a bed is ready.  Last time I was discharged at 10:30pm and I guarantee as soon as the room was cleaned they moved someone new in.  Remember MDA never sleeps...  Shane will head home on Wednesday and a friend will take his place to get me home on Friday or Saturday.

We are super excited for Dutchtown High School's first soccer game at home.  Soccer uses another field until football is over, but Thursday they play at the DHS stadium.  I can't wait for the tons of updates Shane sends me throughout the game.


I'm armed with plenty of pralines from a sweet friend for the doctors and nurses this week.  I find the happier they are, the more "good drugs" I get!  Hope your week is filled with laughter!

1 comment:

INVEST WITH $200 AND GET A RETURNS OF $2,000 said...

Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

Email: HappyInvestment-world_inc@protmail.com