Pages

Friday, November 24, 2017

Black Friday Update from the Couch

I’ve been home from MD Anderson for a few days and I’m pleased to report that the chemo effects are manageable. There are 14 medicine bottles on my kitchen counter, and they are managing... And I know it gets worse so there is no use complaining now....

That might be part of the problem – I’ve been through this once and I kind of remember how it goes... it might be better if I was innocent and naive. 4 day in-patient chemo is no joke - it’s like 4 times the chemo I had 7 years ago - all at once.


I have a picc line hanging out of my arm which is not only repugnant but makes showering difficult. So I’ve succumbed to daily baths at home and hair washing at the local Fantastic Sams. Shane did wash my hair in the laundry room once, but bless his heart it broke my back. So I’m gonna treat myself to the fanciest blowout $20 can buy! Right until all of my hair falls out.... tick tock tick tock.

My white blood count is low - dangerously low one might say, so that means if you touch me I’d appreciate you bathing in hand sanitizer first. So relieved Avery tested negative for strep and the flu this week. I was about to get shipped to Saigon. And my adorable husband (the one who moonlights as a hair washer) sprained his ankle. We are testing the limits of our health insurance this week!

Morgan had a huge cheering section for her soccer game this week. The Dutchtown High School JV team is on fire! And we had a relaxed Thanksgiving day at my mom’s house who managed all the cooking and hosting after moving into her house on Monday. A woman who loves a challenge....

It’s ironic that 8 years ago today we got the call that I had Lymphoma (on Black Friday). I guess history does repeat itself, but please, let this be the last chapter of this story!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soccer games, Thanksgiving with family...clean hair and still laughing! My hero!!!
Xoxo, Angel

INVEST WITH $200 AND GET A RETURNS OF $2,000 said...

Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

Email: HappyInvestment-world_inc@protmail.com