Pages

Monday, December 11, 2017

The weekly wrap-up

So remember the past two years when I sat in my glass house and worked with a functional medicine doctor (even being featured in one of her print ads) and gave up carbs and caffeine and limited my alcohol all in the name of good gut health and preventing cancer recurrence???  Guess what I have to say to that little bitch health conscious self who said  "oh, I'll never binge on carbs if I ever have chemo/cancer again"???  I say that the egg salad that I made this morning (without relish which I normally like) along with saltines was fine at 10:30am.  But at 2 it was nightmare so I switched to M&M's (regular and caramel) with a side of cheese and very salty crackers.  In fact, the saltier the better.  Because everything tastes like cardboard and at least I can taste the salt.

I've been home from chemo #2 for 2 days and I feel the best when I'm in a recliner being very still and watching BRAVO.  I classed it up a little today with Season 2 of The Crown on Netflix.  This feeling of uselessness sucks, but in all honestly I did put away two dishes yesterday and I did a load of laundry today, so I'd say I'm #winning.

Chemo #2 was terrible - not to sugar coat it.  It was the nausea, and then the panic over the nausea and then obsessing over if I should I get up and try to throw up over the nausea...  You can see how this can spiral out of hand very quickly.  I think next time I will be a little better prepared.  Forget the laptop, I'm bringing an ice chest to provide a constant stream of carbs and protein - because I'm telling you, wait one minute too long to eat and the whole world is ending.  And I am going to need Xanax on regular intervals because it was clear from the blood pressure readings that once the nausea got too bad, I just panicked wondering how long I could survive which made my blood pressure spike and the walls cave in.  I'm sure people without some kind of anxiety disorder in their background have literally NO IDEA what I am talking about - so I'm talking to those of you that do...

I was extremely lucky to make it home for my birthday.  In the South "sneaux" is what we call it - you know with the cute "eaux" on the end because WE NEVER ACTUALLY SEE IT!  But it actually snowed on my birthday in Baton Rouge.  I was expecting it all to have melted by the time I got home at 7pm, but nope!  It held on and it was beautiful!

Chemo #1 and #2 have allowed me to compile a list of attributes in a caregiver:

#1 SILENCE - because I choose to sleep as much as possible, we can chat later over lunch... in a restaurant... when I have hair.....
#2 No eating in the room - Even when the food was delivered to the room next door I could smell it via the air vents and I almost lost my shit mind.
#3 No sudden movements - Just because I'm going into the bathroom to dry heave doesn't mean I need you holding my proverbial hair back.  I will be sure to call you when and if I need you.  By the way - NO ONE needs help vomiting!  It's just gross and a solo event.

I'll leave you with a few pictures of the snow - because snow in South LA makes everything better (for a day.... longer than that and we are just cranky and cold).



And yes, Morgan is the nutball in shorts!  Add hypothermia to our list of health concerns... Whatever you do, keep laughing!


1 comment:

INVEST WITH $200 AND GET A RETURNS OF $2,000 said...

Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

Email: HappyInvestment-world_inc@protmail.com