Pages

Monday, October 30, 2017

It's bigger in Texas

Shane and I arrived at the mega Houston medical complex. It’s as overwhelming as I expected.  I literally saw an “Entrance 35”.  Are you kidding me???  Our appointment is at 9:30 tomorrow morning and I’m so anxious I might have to sample a few of those medicine bottles tonight.

Leaving the house today was way more emotional than I thought it would be.  It’s hard to believe I had time to shed a tear with the 14,000 notes I left for the girls and my mom.  Avery texted me when she got home “you labeled everything in the fridge??”  Well, yeah....

During the teary eyed packing (where I did stop to dust the interior of my car), my mom snuck in a care package complete with LWDs (that’s little white donuts for those of you that didn’t grow up in the Hirschfeld house).  So far I have resisted but the night is young.

According to Shane (and apparently most men in the South) my life was not complete without a visit to Buc-ee’s.  Well call my life complete because I have experienced the mega “gas station” Buc-ee’s along with the Beaver mascot.  From the meat counter, the jerky counter, the shelves of pickled EVERYTHING, the home decor area which included a COW section, the blinged out belts in the apparel section, the boudin kolache in the bakery section to the ONE healthy item - the vegetable cup (no one was buying those).... I have seen it all!




My mom has everything under control at the house so far.  She has 14,000 notes... what could possibly go wrong?  I’ll update again as soon as possible.  We expect the next few days to be a blur,  but we’ll find some reasons to laugh!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

❤️

schnell133 said...

You and your family are in our prayers!

Sandy said...

I listened to Sandy Perry relate their trip through MDAnderson trying to get to the Cancer Quilt exhibit that was about to be closed. They had directions from the curator of the exhibit on how to find it. It included something like parking the car, going thru 3 buildings, taking a bus and something about a couple of parking lots to arrive just before the exhibit closed. I pray your tour will be shorter!!
I'll just say one thing....You've got this!!!!!

Unknown said...

Please let me know if there is anything you need or want while you're here!!! Let me know if I can come visit. I would love to see you. I live downtown so I am close by. Xoxoxo

Unknown said...

You should have bought the belt. It looks great on you! Sending my love and prayers!!!

Unknown said...

GO FIGHT WIN!!!! You got this Heather! Much love and many prayers!!

URGENT LOAN OFFER WHATSAPP +918929509036 said...

Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here.They are located in Nigeria, Ghana Turkey, France and Israel.My name is Mrs.Emily Michael, I am from Canada. Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Fast Legitimate Loan Approval he help me with a loan of $95,000 some days ago after been scammed of $12,000 from a woman claiming to be a loan lender from Nigeria but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $95,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial contact Email:(creditloan11@gmail.com)