Pages

Saturday, October 14, 2017

The Resurrection

Yes, I went to Catholic school for 12 years, but not THAT Resurrection...

It seems like time to resurrect the blog.  And not because you like to read the about the mundane drivel that is my life, but because the cancer is back.  I always knew it would come back, but I thought I would be elderly and I'd just let Shane give me the same pink juice you give to dogs and I'd drift off the sleep.

At 42 I guess I can't opt for the pink juice yet, so I'm gearing up for the fight.  We have told the girls.  I think they've seen me sick so many times they are a little immune.  The word cancer doesn't even scare them anymore  - at least it appears this way, but as the mom I constantly worry that they ARE more affected than they appear and that's the part that makes me cry a little.  I only allow myself to break down for a few minutes every 5 hours or so, but I've got to get a handle on that because I'm getting pretty dehydrated and the concealer stopped working today.

So in 2011 the lymphoma was in my liver, spleen and lymph nodes. This time it's definitely in my lymph nodes, my spleen looks horrendous and here's the bonus - my bone marrow is lit up like a Christmas tree.  A visual is always super fun so here goes.  Note, the top pics are from 2013.  Those dark parts are my brain, heart, kidneys and bladder.  Those are supposed to be dark.  Did you notice how much darker the bottom pics are?  That's not good (as explained by an accountant).  I really thought I was going to get the call that this was all a mistake, but I can't deny those pictures, dammit.



I had the PET scan on Wednesday at 7 am and here's a PSA - it's NEVER good when your Oncologist calls your cell from his cell at 2pm in the afternoon.  It just isn't - you can trust me.  

The good news is that Dr. Spell says it's treatable.  The less good news is that it's treatable in Houston at MD Anderson.  Baton Rouge doesn't have the capability to do a bone marrow transplant and that's on the horizon.  MDA got my records on Thursday, so we are just waiting on a call to see when we head over.  MDA is the wild card for me.  It seems so big and overwhelming.... and far...

For now we just do normal life - 2 soccer games for Morgan, LSU volleyball and a volleyball clinic for Avery, get Morgan and friends to the movies and get Avery to a birthday party - sprinkled with a trip to Costco, 4 loads of laundry and I'm really hoping the Magnolia collection is out at Target.  So if you are wondering what we might need in the next few months it will definitely be an Uber!!

We are still laughing though.  I laughed at myself in Jazzercise this morning when I made up my own routine - I call it a solo.  We laughed a ton at lunch, but since both of my daughters can read and find my blog this time I can't recount those details.  We aren't going to stop laughing and that's all I know for sure.

Heather

19 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you frankness and will pray for you and your family everyday!! You got this!

Cori said...

Heather , I'm so sorry to hear this. Let me know if you need anything. I had my stem cell transplant in May of 2016. If i can help with questions or info, call me. Prayers being sent.

Wendy said...

My prayers are with you. I was a patient at MDA and they are wonderful! You will be in great hands. I love your blog posts- so real!

Charlotte said...

Heather....sending u so much love. Charlotte Benton ❤

Unknown said...

You made me cry, and laugh all at the same time. I love you and your entire family and will be here or there or anywhere you need me anytime. And I'm a pretty good uber at times! I have a friend that visits MDA quite often and I haven't heard any complaints. Just sucks it's so far away. ��

Unknown said...

Wow, so sorry you have to go through this again so soon. Cancer really is the devil. Fight and fight hard. You will make it. Praying for you and your family.

Unknown said...

This is Kristy McShan

Peggy Houston, TX said...

You got this, girl and your friends in Houston are here for you and will be there for you. Count on it.

Debby said...

I'm so sorry that you'll be fighting this battle again! You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers every day. I miss seeing you!! Much love! xoxo

April Holm said...

Heather, Text me anytime you need rides for the girls or something I can do to ease any burdens. Prayers from your old neighbors.

Dawn Castiglione said...

Sorry to hear this news Heather! I will praying for you, Shane and the girls. MDA is a wonderful place and will take the best care of you. I pray for your comfort, peace and most of all for you to feel the love of all who surround you!

Cecilia said...

Sending you so much love and prayers and happy thoughts and prayers and thoughts for healing. I know you're gearing up for a big fight, tough lady. Xoxoxo

Carmou48 said...

Heather,
I am adding you to my prayer list. May God lay his hand on you and your family and give you strength to face the days ahead. I know He has a plan, and this journey is a piece of His plan that I know you will prevail. Live, Love, Laugh with your indomitable spirit and show that cancer who’s the Boss!

Let’s have lunch when you need a break.

God Bless you all.

Mary Carmouche

Corrie said...

Heather, I am sorry you and your family have to go through this again. Many prayers are coming your way as you kick this cancers butt again!!
-corrie

Sarah Martina said...

I think of you often, and don't say it enough. You are such a ray of sunshine, Heather. Standing behind you and cheering you on as you kick this cancer's ass. Xoxo.

Barb said...

I check your blog frequently for it to be updated....hate to see why it is. Prayers are with you and your family-you are strong!

Unknown said...

Heather I had no idea... yall have our number. We live right by y'all so please lean on us for transportation. Beau is 16 and he will drive wherever we tell him to. Chin up ♡

Unknown said...

Idk how to make my name show, it's Jennifer Blunschi ♡

URGENT LOAN OFFER WHATSAPP +918929509036 said...

Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here.They are located in Nigeria, Ghana Turkey, France and Israel.My name is Mrs.Emily Michael, I am from Canada. Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Fast Legitimate Loan Approval he help me with a loan of $95,000 some days ago after been scammed of $12,000 from a woman claiming to be a loan lender from Nigeria but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $95,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial contact Email:(creditloan11@gmail.com)