Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Overheard today...

As if I wasn't even in the car, Morgan and Avery had the following conversation today...

Avery: I wish Daddy could come home before we go to sleep.  He never does...
Morgan: Do you still love Daddy?
Avery: Yep...
Morgan: We spend a lot of time with Mommy and she makes all the rules and she punishes us when we don't be good, but I still love her...the same as I love Daddy...
Avery: I love Mommy too.  But I really love that Daddy doesn't punish us...

In Shane's defense, he normally gets home before bedtime, but it's just been REALLY busy at work lately.  And I would have corrected Morgan when she said "we don't be good", but then they would have remembered I was in the SAME car and my ears work!  And I really wanted to find out how I compared to Daddy in the "love" department...

Glad we are "neck and neck"...

Just one of my laughs for the day!!

PS - yesterday I took the girls to see Ramona and Beezus.  Have you seen it?  Did you cry through the second half of the movie?  Of course you didn't!!  I'm the only emotional wreck who did that...But don't try to tell me the Dead Cat scene wasn't a tearjerker!!!

Hope you are laughing this week!!

2 comments:

The Johnson 5 said...

That is my all time favorite kids movie! I cry every time through the second half.
It is so funny to hear how we rate when they think that we're not listening. I think Brian and I are pretty neck and neck also :) well at least I hope so!!

The Sisters' Hood said...

I cried the whole way thro that movie - twice! Then I just watched Soul Surfer and cried thro that too. At least my 13 yr old doesn't think i am a complete sap, i am watching Buffy with her and instead of crying, i comment on how HAWT Angel is ... so now she just thinks i am strange ;)