Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Camping....

Call it Peer Pressure, A Moment of Insanity, Post Cancer "Don't Miss a Thing" attitude...whatever...

but the Bellangers are going camping with 13+ other families... and by camping, I mean a cabin at Jellystone Campground in Robert, LA...I don't want you to think I'm sleeping in a tent...as Avery says, "that would be just plain silly..."

Now that packing day has arrived, I'm realizing that a room at the Ritz would have been a MUCH better idea...Bring your own toilet paper???  Huh?  Are you serious?  I am a CITY GIRL!  My idea of "roughin' it" is Motel 6... they at least provide toiletries and what I hope are clean linens!

My girls are having a similar problem grasping this concept...Avery dressed in a dress, fancy headband and a sparkly watch...until I explained to her that she had to change...poor Avery...

It's one step forward and two steps back with this packing thing...I had a laundry basket filled with towels and sheets for the trip, and my precious Morgan put everything away...she was just helping with the laundry...didn't know whether I should hug her or cry...so I took a Xanax...everything is good now...

Big Daddy may have taken care of the "outdoor" things:  fishing poles, firewood, oh hell, I don't even know what else...(it just feels right to call Shane "Big Daddy" when we are going camping)

But I took care of the necessities: Bug Spray, Sunscreen, Benadryl, Chips, Cookies and...Skinny Girl Margaritas, Firelfy Vodka and Michelob Ultra!!!  We'll be just fine :)

May the insanity begin!!

No comments: