Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Cheap and Easy...

Imagine how many people will Google "Cheap and Easy" and be sorely disappointed when this blog post pops up....SORRY....

Back to the point...I really am Cheap and Easy...to entertain, that is...It started today when I left work early...and me leaving work early should not surprise you...I have the attention span of a flea!

So I am wandering through the book aisle at Sam's and I'm wanting to pile like 6 books into my basket...but I am WAY to cheap for that...6 bucks a piece times 6 books...oh no...not happening...now if I was purchasing books on children's anxiety or "How to raise a perfectly mannered child" I would spare no expense...but these are for me, and they aren't exactly the "classics"...so I decide to go to the library....which freaks me out a little if I think about the boogery fingers that have read the books before me...so I try to block those out...

I could easily lose a day in the library...I can't name one author or title that I checked out today...I generally end up choosing the books that are in the "NEW" section or placed strategically at the end of an aisle to entice you to read them...yep, those librarians get me every time...Today I chose two of the books on the end caps, and I REALLY wanted to put new books in their place, then I thought that maybe the librarians LIVE for that kind of stuff, so I didn't ruin their fun...Five books for Free for the next two weeks...SWEET...just enough trash to read before falling asleep at night, but hopefully nothing good enough to make me want to stay up all night reading...that is a VERY fine line, my friend...

After the library, I went to the card aisle at Walgreens...I do prefer Target for card shopping, but I figured Walgreens would do...and I was not disappointed...I could read cards for hours...again...cheap and easy...in fact, while I was reading... and laughing at cards, one man actually commented that I must have found some really good cards...I wasn't laughing that loudly...I don't think....but laughs are contagious and he started laughing simply because I was...that is my favorite part about a laugh...contagiousness (it's a word, I think...)

So now I'm home, ready to read a book for a little bit before the girls get home from school.  I really wanted to meet them for lunch today, but with the traffic I would have missed Avery's lunch time, and made it just in time for Morgan's...that would have been ugly...so I had to skip lunch, but then I REALLY wanted to check them out of school early, but I remembered this isn't summer camp, they are supposed to be present...damn...so here I wait for them to get home....

how can I not want to hang out with these faces....





after running off the bus on the first day, these are the comments I got:

Morgan: "School was awesome!!!!"

Avery: "There was no playtime...It was not fun at all..."

ahhh...the joys of school...hope you found something to laugh about today....

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Well, put The Help on your list of must reads and must see the movie (6 hankies). I know you read a lot and have probably already read it. Movie was very faithful to the book. Glad to hear you had a good day.

Teri said...

I have been doing the library thing for several months. I hate spending money on something like that and never use it again. It's a great way to save money.HAPPY READING!!!!