Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Tougher Morgan Questions...

A few nights ago, Morgan came out with this whopper...

"So Mommy, since everyone says I look like you, does that mean I'm going to get cancer too?"

oh boy...that was a tough one...but it didn't prepare me for last night's question...

"Mommy, I know people die from cancer...so when are you going to die?"

OK - I bit my lip to keep from crying and explained that not everyone dies from cancer...and I am one of the lucky ones...I also told her that I fought very hard because I didn't want she and Avery to grow up without a Mommy...

so sorry teachers, but the girls got a "Mommy day" today, because sometimes I try anything to make up for the fact that my seven year old is faced with such mature issues...

and so for today, I'll go with this bit of wisdom...


fortunately our day was filled with laughs - and tonight we are piling into my bed for a "girls only" slumber party!  hope your day was filled with laughter too!

5 comments:

Amy Beth Kloner said...

You amaze me.
Period.

Vivian said...

Ditto what Amy said: and enjoy ur slumber party...sometimes there are more important things to do than school...and this is one of them! :)

Jeanne Pellerin said...

Y'all deserved a girls day! Glad you got one!

Kristen said...

Wow. My heart just broke a little. Hugs to you all. Heather, you are my idol.

Amy said...

So happy to see you today. My little man needed a mommy day too...thanks for putting things in amazing perspective.love your strength.hugs