Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Week in Review...

Wednesday I went on Avery's fieldtrip to the Strawberry Patch.   We had such a great time!!   The tears were streaming down my face on the drive home - not because of my swollen ankles, sweaty wig and aching back...but because I was so thankful to have been able to go on the fieldtrip with my Baby Bird Avery...



Thursday I got to see both of my girls at school - Easter Parties!



Friday we gathered for the Oustalet/Junca Crawfish Boil.  I have to admit, I was hesitant to dive into the crowd when we arrived - I didn't know how well I would handle all of the "cancer talk".  Thankfully (due to sunglasses) - the first two people didn't notice the tears welling up in my eyes...But it got better as the day went on...I was reminded by the questions that I have a 50% percent chance of the cancer coming back in three years - I could have lived without that reminder - I'm SO good at blocking those darn things out!  Don't worry - I'm blocking it out again - and plus - the best revenge is living well!


Saturday we hung out with the Inman girls...



And Easter Sunday we gathered at GiGi's for gumbo and an Easter Egg Hunt...



And here's my beautiful family - alive and well!


 Hope you had a fantastic Easter too!

2 comments:

Amanda S said...

Sounds like an awesome week! So glad you were able to make it to all those fun festivities! Hope you continue to have happy healthy weeks like this one. We celebrated my dad's 71st birthday today. Happy Easter!

Peggy Houston, TX said...

Man, you're living the life - crawfish boils and gumbo... Wish I was there!