Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Morganisms...

You probably have heard me talk about how much I love lying with the girls as they drift off to sleep (I just looked up lying versus laying on Websters.com and I'm still not sure I used the correct one - why is that grammar lesson so hard to remember - ugh)...When it's my turn with Morgan, there is no telling what I will hear...The lights go out and that mouth starts talking!  I'm such an easy target - she knows she can stay up at least 30 extra minutes if she starts talking...I bet she doesn't pull the same stunt with Daddy...I know I'm a sucker, but I love the hear what is running around in the head of hers...Here are a few of our recent conversations...

Morgan: "Mommy, can your Daddy see us from Heaven?"
Me: "Yes"
Morgan: (with her arms extended toward the ceiling)  "Hello Mommy's Daddy.  I know you can hear me.  I really want to know what Heaven is like.  You can tell me anytime, I'm waiting..."

another night...
Morgan: "Mommy, can we see where your Daddy is buried?"
Me: "Sure Morgan, but he was buried in New Orleans in a Mausoleum, so we'll see it the next time we are in NOLA"
After I explain to Morgan what a Mausoleum is, she says... "You put your Daddy in a WALL???  You are so mean!"  Never mind that I was 12 when my dad died, and I didn't exactly buy the "real estate".  She doesn't quite get the concept - thank goodness he wasn't cremated - could you imagine that conversation??

another night...and I couldn't hide the laughter...
Morgan: "Mommy...Do you know that there are TWO ways that a baby can get milk?????  The bottle and... and...another way!!  That is disgusting!! Please tell me I got my milk from a bottle!!! It's so gross - why do Mommys do that - yuck!"
I tried to explain that when she becomes a Mommy she will decide which way to feed her baby, but I think her mind may be made up...I'd love to see the "Lactation Consultant" try to change that stubborn mind!

and yet another night...
Morgan: "Mommy - I know I GREW in your belly - but HOW did I GET there???"
So I totally copped out on this one - I told her that I needed to read a book and find out the best way to explain it to her.  She responded with: "You probably need to look it up in a book because you aren't very good at science"  SCORE!!!  She totally bought it - now hurry and send me any suggestions on how to explain the birds and bees to a 7 year old!



I'll keep you posted on the "best" of our pre-bed conversations...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are just priceless! Good luck with the birds and the bees. That is the one that scares me the most. How babies eat is a big topic of conversation at our house lately cause I do both. My son asked is dad why he doesn't feed the baby the other day. I got a good chuckle watching him squirm on that one.