Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cutest almost 2 year old...

The other day the Ironman sent me an e-mail with this picture attached.
OMG! How little is Avery in this picture??? Does she even have legs?? She was two months away from her second birthday. We had just moved into our house, the ENTIRE block was under construction, and Shane was documenting for the fence company that the poles were not sufficiently "stuck" into the ground. This seems like ages ago! I can't believe we have been for almost 2 and a 1/2 years.
My girls hardly even notice cows and horses anymore. I catch a twang in some of their words. They have lived more years in cowtown than they did in Metairie. And they don't remember New Orleans at all. Sometimes they refer to "our old house", but it's when looking at a picture - not a real memory.
I want them to appreciate all of the wonderfulness New Orleans has to offer. I'm planning on "playing tourist" this summer with the girls - riding a streetcar, going to the zoo, having a picnic in Audubon Park, bowling at Rock 'n Bowl and countless other things. Even though we don't live there now, they can still experience the greatness of NOLA...

No comments: