Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Week in Review

I'm a clear nail polish kinda' girl...Sometimes I live on the wild side and choose "Coney Island Cotton Candy" by OPI...but it NEVER fails at this time of year, I see women with really festive nails - red nails, glittery nails, that really cool dark nail polish...so, of course, EVERY YEAR I go a little crazy and try a festive color...and every year I look like a HOOKER...

The same goes for Bloody Marys...I like all of the ingredients of a Bloody Mary and I LOVE the idea of the cool Tabasco green beans and celery sticking out of the glass..but EVERY TIME I taste one, I throw up a little...I really don't understand how they look so good and taste so gross...

Avery was in the first grade Christmas play this week...Skunks in a Christmas play??...Now that's funny stuff!



Have you ever reached into the dryer and the clothes feel "dry enough"...usually I experience this with jeans - where the pockets and crotch are just a little moist...and it's gross...Today I experienced a new level of moisture...I thought my bra was "dry enough"...a damp bra against the "girls" beats moist jeans hands down...

And just when I thought my moist bra was a problem, I talked to a friend whose underwire had come out of one side of her bra on her drive to work...How loud do you think I laughed when I visualized one droopy boob next to one perky boob (and by "perky", I mean "less droopy")...she won - because one droopy boob trumps moist boobs any day...

I'm "enjoying" the holidays alcohol free...and although I was never a big drinker, some commitments are enhanced by a little wine...or Jack Daniels...straight...but alcohol plus residual cancer drugs equals an immediate return of chemo nauseau...and since I'm out of Phenergan, I'm stepping away from that cocktail...Damn...I have the entire Skinnygirl collection collecting dust on my countertop...

So if you're looking for a cocktail, feel free to stop by my house, but you'll have to drink alone...and I will laugh when you start slurring your words...Happy Holidays!

No comments: