Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mini Tree

For two or three years I have been collecting ornaments for a "vintage" style tree...ornaments with mercury glass, glass glitter, old book paper, all in silver and cream or white...a very neutral palatte...

And one day when I had "enough" ornaments or when the girls were "older", I planned to decorate an entire tree this way...then all of a sudden last week - it kind of hit me...I'm not exactly winning the "Most Likely to Succeed to Next Christmas" race...I don't mean this in a doom and gloom sort of way, but I have a few more losses than wins than other people...

So at 9pm last Friday, I ran into Walmart (and when I say "ran", I mean hobbled in an arthritic state) and bought a cute little 3 foot tree...and both of my girls LOVE the little tree...they aren't at all impressed with my beautiful ornament collection, but they love the littleness...they've already asked for "little trees" for their rooms next year...I've created a monster...but a good monster, because I can't really see how a bunch of little pre-lit trees are bad...



and this little tree just reminds me to read "just one more book mommy", play one more game of Cranium, and give a few more kisses...because the laundry can wait, we can eat on paper plates, and the kitchen counters will ALWAYS be messy...but everyone is in charge of making their own happy life...and that's something that shouldn't be put off until tomorrow...

Pinned Image

 and this little tree makes me really happy...

Pinned Image

Happy New Year...I hope you laugh out loud everyday this year!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Awesome reminder from an awesome lady. Thanks for helping to put things in perspective.

Dusty McRae said...

Very inspirational Post you are great with words. Hope you have a wonderful and Happy Year!!!!!