Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

the joys of motherhood...

and having girls 15 months apart...see, they are inseparable...except when they hate each other...which just happens to be 45% of the time...but even when they are fighting they can't stand to be separated... the ultimate punishment is "separate room timeouts"...

I have even caught them "facetiming" each other after being separated for fighting... (if you aren't technologically savvy...Facetime is a way to "call" other kids with I-Touches...ridiculous...but no one asked me...)

Back to the story...Morgan was invited to a friend's house tomorrow...yeah for Morgan...boo hoo for Avery...wait, let me rephrase - hysteria from Avery!!  Only complicated by the fact that Avery HATES camp...or rather, she doesn't hate camp as much as she hates GOiNG to camp.  We've made it through the past three mornings without crying because I promised her a frog...or a sleepover...I've lost track, but I did stop short of a dog...

So Avery won't be going to camp tomorrow... which would be fine if I sat home and ate bon bons while watching my "stories"...but there are these tax returns waiting for me, and I had high hopes for this week...especially since I've already promised that next week will be their last week for camp...which means a complete hault on tax productivity between July 25 and August 9...(if you are a client reading this, I suggest emailing me with your emergency next week - I have high hopes for next week...)

So I have totally lost my train of thought...I'm distracted by Morgan and a friend leading an imaginary group in water aerobics while Avery and friend try to make the biggest splash in the pool...

I should probably just wrap this up by saying how appreciative I am of my precious girls...because complaining is allowed as long as you remember to be thankful, right??  Or is that just a Catholic guilt thing?  Hell, I don't know...I do know that when my sister Ashley reads this she will call me and yell, "Just send her ass to camp!"  but I can't - I'm a pansy...especially when it comes to my girls...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

you make me laugh! Thanks for always brightening my days with your writing!