Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

A burst of creativity from Inspire!

Last Friday night my friend Paula and I went to Inspire's "Cupcake and Make 'n Take" party.  We had so much fun!!!  Inspire is the cutest scrapbook store in Thibodeaux.  I was so lucky because Paula drove me in her fancy new car and I didn't have to worry about falling asleep on the drive home...safety first!  We made some seriously cute projects and the cupcakes were YUMMY - but the displays were even better...you know it's all about the presentation!



Now don't be sad because you missed out on these cupcakes... just make sure you don't miss Inspire's NEXT party...

Here are two of the projects.  I'm not finished the third one yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post it...I know that you are DYING to see it...just humor me...


The frame is my favorite - how cute is the little girl on the frame?...just as sweet and cute as my two little gremlins princesses...and you may be wondering WHY we decorated a coffee cup...we're scrapbookers, silly...we will decorate anything that stands still...but seriously I'm about to start an online art class, so I plan to keep my special pencils, pens and paint brushes in my cup...you'll be happy to know that I won't be re-using it for my morning coffee...I'm all about reduce/reuse/recycle, but that's just gross!

And believe it or not, that creative energy carried over to Saturday...and around here energy is at an all time LOW, so that was pretty amazing...soooo amazing that I finished this layout of Ashley and her family at Christmas...



And then I pooped out...but beware...there is so much creative energy just WAITING TO COME AND PLAY...as soon as I kick this cancer thing, I'm going on a creative high!!!!  You better not stay idle around me...or I'll incorprate you into my next piece of "art" (art used VERY loosely)...

hoping you find a few moments of creativity this weekend!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for creativity! We're into creativity and recycling combos around here. (fits within our budget much better to use things we already have lying around the house). I recently turned some (unused) skewers and paperclips into ribbon holders and put them onto the pegboard that I "liberated" from the street. Nowhere as pretty as your projects, but I'm happy with it.

Teri said...

I'm so jealous that I was unable to go that Friday night. I love the projects.

Dawn H. said...

Okay, I'm not expecting to have ANY creativity this weekend, because I have not 4 but 5 kids for the weekend ("babysitting" a 13yo boy for a friend), and my daughter probably has the flu, and my husband is out of town. But I am SOOOO glad that you're able to be creative and have fun and post some inspiration for those of us who are artistically challenged (which could very well just be me in my own little non-creative club). And hey, are you reading that Notaro book? I'm ordering another one of hers if you need to borrow it!

Ash Marie said...

We had THE BEST time with you guys at the party. I hope that you are able to come spend the weekend soon. I will holla when I put up the March calendar. Hope you have a kick butt weekend hun.

oh and the cup came out amazing..as did the frame.

Terri said...

I am totally loving the coffee cup and the frame AND the page with Ashley and fam.
Loving more that you are CREATING! You will proud to know, as one of my corrupters, (is that a word?) that the new Scrap room has taken HIGH priority in my new house. AND I finished a book, all by myself :-)
I can't wait until you start the online classes. Sign me up!
Keep "fighting like a mom". Love ya!