Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

The week in review...only the fun stuff...

Last week while reading Jenni Bowlin's blog, she talked about how simple her table decoration is for the holidays.  Simple????  Love that!  I can't copy a picture of her table onto my blog, but jump over to hers and see how simple and lovely her table decor is.  In keeping with the simple theme, I put together this little creation...


I can use the same tray and pitcher for all seasons, just add the appropriate flowers and whatever seasonal doo dad I have around can fill the tray.  I'm lovin it - and the flowers smell to good!  How is it that a $10 bunch of flowers from the grocery store can put a smile on your face everytime you see them?  Simple pleasures!

Ironman organized quite a few school events this week while I was out of commission.  There was "pay $1 and dress up like a book character day".  The children had to bring the book and give a report...not envisioning Avery's veterinarian report, but I'm sure Ms. Kim was lenient!  Morgan went as Viola Swampp from the Miss Nelson books.  Of course, I'm texting Shane from bed asking him to take pictures since I couldn't get up to see them.  Naturally, Ironman is a rockstar and took pictures for me!




A very rare moment of sweetness....they probably wrestled after Shane put the camera down....

Last weekend, I went to a crop in New Orleans where I was able to finish up three layouts...




This last layout was a class I took from Layle Koncar at Simply Inspired in Lafayette.  I love when I finally get to use "layouts in waiting" :)

Hope you have a great week!  I am hoping for test results tomorrow - the good, the bad, the ugly - I can handle it, it's just the waiting that's making me nuts!  Remember laughter is the best medicine!!!

1 comment:

Angel said...

Lovin' the vignette! And yes dear young one, grocery store flowers are as much a necessity as bread....um, wait a minute, do ya'll buy bread?Whatever, you will be getting a "bread" delivery tomorrow.