Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Old man legs...

I had to bring Morgan to the dermatologist today, so when I made the appointment, I made one for myself as well.  I never would have gone JUST for me, but hey, since I was there, I might as well check out these red blotches on my legs....

They don't itch, they aren't bumpy, my skin just looks like it has little red dots in it.... probably a heat rash...it's been hot for three-ish months - right?

Shocking - it's not a heat rash it is......Progressive Pigmented Purpuric Dermatitis...the doctor totally wrote that down....or Schamberg's purpura (he gave me this name to google... he SO doesn't know me...I would vomit if I looked up skin conditions on the web...)

He tells me it's not a harmful condition, but a permanent one...can't really remember what he said except that the little red dots will eventually turn my legs orange...I said, "like tan orange?"...he said, "not good orange"... then the kicker...he normally sees this in elderly men...does he say this to comfort me???  because it didn't work.... actually he was cracking a little dermatology haha...but it is true that it is mostly seen in old men!

Now, if you hadn't noticed, I'm neither elderly NOR a man....and I would like to wear shorts again in this lifetime...so for now I am applying a steroid cream to my legs...but take relief in knowing it stays between the ankle and knee...so only that part of my leg will be orange (not a tan orange...)

Doc suggested we start with the cream, I can only imagine another course of action would be to zap the redness turning orangeness with a laser and I'm sure that would be a "cosmetic" treatment under the insurance rules...so let's hope the steroid works....

After hanging in for all of that....I will reward you with some pictures...





To make my day even better, I was looking through our bank statements and credit card statements tonight for charitable contributions...and I found out that although I have never been to Aveda or The Face Place...apparently someone else in this house with a credit card goes monthly....hmmmm....and....there are Build a Bear charges almost monthly....hmmmm....very interesting.....

2 comments:

Teri said...

What if you went to a tanning bed? Would it turn the orange to a good tan orange? I bet those two cute little girls would know something about the B A B charges!LOL.

Anonymous said...

Love the layouts - are the sparklies Stickles?