Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sweet Niblets...

And by that, I mean delicious food that my mom cooked and brought to my house...Being totally stuffed leaves me very little energy for anything except "pinning" or blogging, so I here I go...

I set my table using my china for the second time in the fourteen years I've had it...Googled "Place Setting Diagram" to remember how....Before Google I would have had to walk ALL THE WAY upstairs and get the Emily Post book from the bookshelf, then use the Index to find the page on Table Setting...Google is so much easier, and allows me to be SO much lazier....



Formal Dinner Place Setting Guide

Even though I took Home Ec at Mt. Carmel, I'm pretty sure "Table Setting" is a use or lose it kind of thing...


I would appreciate it if you didn't mention the lack of stemware...I just left that near the wine...exactly where it should be....

In true Thanksgiving Spirit, we had an Indian present....


A Large Bow Wearing Indian named Hannah along with Avery...and our new dog Coco....no, I didn't stutter, I did say "Our New Dog", and yes, poor Coco looks terrified...she's had bouts of terror since her arrival on Tuesday evening...but she's warming up to us....me especially...

I'm convinced Coco thrives on neglect, because she has chosen ME as her new BFF, and really, I'm the least likely person in this house to go all gaga over her...She actually stood outside the shower and cried the ENTIRE time today...really, can't make this up....

But Avery and Morgan are THRILLED and I'm happy that they are happy...Could this smile be any bigger?  But what melted my heart was when Morgan said, "Mommy, is this a dream?"



So I'm full, thankful that my mom did all the cooking and practically all of the cleaning, happy that my girls are in love with our new dog Coco and REALLY looking forward to my 3am wake up call from Coco's cries...funny that I'm the only one that hears her at 3am...funny in a "not so funny kinda way"

Hope you laughed your way through Thanksgiving!  We did...I mean, mostly we were laughing AT people...but hey, they're family...what did they expect, right?

Got to post the highlights from my NYC trip next, maybe during one of the 3am wake up calls....

No comments: