Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

the waiting game...

so I'm waiting for a phone call...you know a watched pot never boils...but the nurse DID call this morning and I missed it by one second, so I called back like she asked and now I'm permanently fixed to this chair until she calls back...I may become one with this chair before she calls back...

but maybe I shouldn't be waiting, because I really need to hear from the doctor... I'm waiting on him to read some test results from Wednesday (yes, it's TUESDAY)...that's A LOT of anxious waiting time...and I'm the queen of anxious...so maybe the nurse is just calling me to tell me that yet again the doctor has gone on vacation and hasn't read my tests...hmmmm....if I was relaxed, I would go to my scrapbook room and wait the day away while enjoying some creative time...but I'm not enjoying much of anything right now since I'm WAITING.....

anyway...I did relax (mostly) this weekend at a crop in NOLA on Saturday.  It was held by a lady named Lisa and she holds them monthly in a Senior Center on Jefferson Hwy.  He-Lo-O(care of Aniya)....I want to be a Senior!  Bingo, Card Game Room, Craft Room, Humongous Flat Screen TV, a sign that read "no dancing powder on the floor" - which leads me to believe there is some serious "gettin' down happenin'" in the activity room, and tons of other stuff.  Man, I could spend a week there - just playing BINGO!!!

But anyway, I only spent a day, and we didn't play BINGO, we scrapbooked.  Well, Lisa is the hostess with the mostess (and I'm sure her friends Connie and Charlene, plus others help a bunch).  For $35, we got a ton of crop space, a dee-licious meatball and spaghetti lunch, hot roast beef po-boys for dinner, a door prize and EVERYONE, let me repeat, everyone got this....


Hello Adorable Halloween table decoration for my house!!!!!  Worth the $35?  Hell yeah!  When they came around to give these out, I started really checking it out because I thought I was supposed to choose one image, oh, contrere' mon frere'....we EACH got an entire cauldron!!!!  Then, when I used the frog on a layout, Lisa replaced it, oh yes she did! Each of the cutouts were stickled, chalked and googly eyed!

So the layouts from the crop aren't finished, I have this tendency to get them home and raid more of my stash and "spruce" them up a bit...But I have been scrapbooking at Scrapbooks and More in Denham Springs once a month, and I have some layouts from my last trip there....





FYI - I'm still waiting... But I think I have to get dressed now...The office is calling my name...

No comments: