Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

kind of like potted meat, some supplies stay "fresh" forever....

in an effort to reduce my carbon footprint...nothing was purchased to create the following 2 layouts...(in the last week...)   but some stuff was REALLY old...I"ll list the REALLY OLD stuff!

old Anna Griffin paper
the red glittery transparency my friend Teri gave me probably 2 1/2 years ago
the white letters were a $1 splurge at Dollar Tree
the metal crown - was Morgan born yet?
the "blue" letters were from the major 99c Advantus clearance (Swapp circa 2005)
I would guess my first trip to Arbor Oaks was two years ago - that's when I bought the green jewels and butterfly
The background paper on the "blue" page is from the pre-Gustav 10c sale rack at Co.
The zipper embellishment was on the clearance rack at Charming Charlie's - a pin? - I think not!
The Hambly rubons and transparencies - when did Hambly go into business?

Now for something new (but not in the last week)... I was drooling over Webster's Pages new "Bloomers" trim.  A package is around $7 and none of my local stores was carrying it.  My friend Karen showed me some trim she bought at Hobby Lobby...it comes in plenty of colors and it's $5.99 a yard (before your 40% off coupon).  That is the white trim you see at the bottom of Morgan's "BLUE" layout.  I misted it with some Glacier Glimmer Mist which helped to soften the bright white.  I am in love for two reasons - 1. I can mist it any color and 2. It's CHEAP!!!!!



this was such a fun way to document the girl's favorite colors (this week anyway)...

1 comment:

Teri said...

Love the layouts. The Hobby Lobby version of the bloomers are terrific. Thanks to Karen for letting us in on that little secret. Can you come show me how to use some of my old stuff?