Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's hard being a kid...

especially with me as a mom!  I got avery's clothes out today - a little pink shirt, blue pants and a pink jacket - shocking that it even matched - somewhat...

as we walk into school, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to notice the sea of green... as soon as we walk into avery's classroom what do we hear???  "avery doesn't have green on... avery doesn't have green on" - please read this in a sing songy annoying way...

my baby's face just drops and I tell her - it's OK - you have a green barette in (it's hardly noticeable and it's lime green)... she looks okay as I leave, but of course, I could just run myself into the wall!

and then, just then, I remembered my funny client Cheryl who gave me a huge bag of goodies for the girls for St. Patrick's day (she's in the parade).  The bag was still in the car.  I race back into the classroom with a long green bead with a fleur de lis on the end and avery instantly becomes the hit of the class.

She looks me straight in the eye and says, "I love you mommy".  So now I will take some extra meds and put on my to do list "be a better mom"

3 comments:

Megan said...

Stop beating yourself up! She will have to learn eventually that life is hard. And hey you saved the day and you know if that wasn't in the car you would have stopped at the store. I have on black and white and jeans today - sad but true.

Teri said...

I was thinking that you ran to the nearest Walmart. you did what any wonderful mom would do. Proud of you. you deserve a margarita for that one.

Karen said...

Now go through you calendar and put a note so that you don't forget next year. Madisyn refused to wear green yesterday. She said all the other kids would have on green and she wasn't wearing it. When I taught I made sure that I had lots of shamrock stickers to pass out so that everyone would have on something green.