1. It will be weeks - even a month or two before your children can run up and hug you.
2. With lipo - you can actually weigh MORE post-op than pre-op due to the water they pump into your tissue. Luckily, I weighed 5 pounds less, but I talked to someone today who weighed 15 pounds MORE after surgery than before.
3. There is no lag time for the bruising - as the surgeon is sucking your fat - your tissue immediately bruises - you leave the Operating Room black and blue.
4. You quite possibly won't fit into your clothes for a month - due to all of the swelling and fluid -and I thought I was going to be sending those clothes to Goodwill - glad I held on to them.
5. Wherever you had lipo, your skin is numb, but underneath, there is an unreachable itch deep down in your tissue - it's enough to drive you insane.
6. Lipo is by far worse than the tummy tuck. And I thought it was the exact opposite. Wrong!
7. Your skin can be ghastly white from the blood loss and anemia for "awhile".
8. You can't make it through the day without a nap for up to four weeks due to the blood loss, anemia, and the healing.
Just a few REAL facts in case you are considering a visit to the plastic surgeon...