Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back to Back Vacations

My first one was a family vacation...a cruise...and the gentle rocking of the ship was enough to make me want to jump overboard...but the girls LOVED Kids Camp and Shane can relax in the sun for hours so overall it was a success.  And honestly, I knew I would be on dry land scrapbooking with girlfriends the upcoming weekend, so there was hope...

The saving grace of the cruise was the adults only deck on the back of the ship where the breeze was perfect  and the cushioned chairs could be pushed into the shade...I'm more of a shade kind of girl...I don't like to push my limits when it comes to cancer, and that includes skin cancer...and these faces proved that the trip was a success...





If you have ever been on a Carnival Cruise, you may agree that the food is plentiful, but it doesn't compare to Louisiana cooking.  I spent the weekend in Lafayette with girlfriends scrapbooking and the FOOD was amazing.  I am still dreaming about the Eggplant Adelaid at Prejean's along with the Seafood Gumbo and the White Chocolate Bread Pudding (the bread pudding was gratis after gumbo was spilled down Ashlyn's back -ouch!). We also found a delicious Sushi restaurant called Fuji Sushi House using Urban Spoon.  According to Jen Urban Spoon NEVER steers her wrong.  The owner was adorable and the menu was enormous and to our delight included the lightest Crab Rangoons... I just may have stuck the radish garnish in my mouth and Jen just may have taken my picture...and then a fellow diner just may have caught me...


We found delicious Rockin Ritas at Agave - a few of us had three to four of them...I stopped at one since I was driving...but made sure to follow them up with a bottle of Skinnygirl Sangria when I wasn't in danger of causing bodily harm...oh, and how is Lafayette so lucky to have a Rouse's grocery store?  I googled it and it looks like Rouse's is looking at expanding into Baton Rouge, well I have two words - HURRY UP!!  We made a stop at the Bakery at Rouse's and the Turtle Cookies are a little bit of heaven...RUN to a Rouse's if you have one and get them!

In between eating, drinking laughing and sleeping it is amazing that I got any scrapbooking done at all...to prove it, here are a few of my layouts.  I have more, but I was too lazy to take pictures of all of them...imagine that...

Halloween 2011

 Ashley's family at Christmas

 my girls at the beach last summer

my girls Christmas 2011

 Morgan playing soccer Spring 2012

And after my back to back vacations I went to the doctor and my blood pressure was 100/60 and I had only gained 4 pounds.  I'd say vacations are good for my blood pressure and worth every BITE!!!

1 comment:

Ali said...

Girl, you are amazing! I'm glad you had such a good time. May I borrow your scrapbooking talent for a day or two -pretty, pretty please?