Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mommy camp...

The girls took a break from camp this week to hang out with me...It took an hour for Morgan and Avery to agree on an outing yesterday...the verdict....BUGS!!  So by 11 we were in the car headed to the Insectarium...of course Shane had to throw a little wager into the mix - offering Morgan $2 if she ate a bug...


as soon as Morgan ate the chocolate covered cricket she dialed Daddy...of course I had to give her the $2 for the gift shop! (notice the stamp on her hand that reads "I ate a bug")


the butterfly garden is so beautiful...


then, a "Mommy stop" at the 2 story Anthropologie at Canal Place...love!



And what was the highlight of Avery's day?  Petting the puppy at the Pet Store in Lakeside Mall - for the bargain price of $2 - yep, you really have to pay $2 to pet the puppies - luckily a friend had tipped me off, so I had the $2 ready!


and you just never know who you will run into at the mall...At another "Mommy stop" - Restoration Hardware...we found my aunt, "NeeNee" to my girls....


and no stop in Metairie is complete without a visit to see Chuck at Ms. Angel's house.


poor Chuck...three little girls plus one dog equals dog in tutu!

hope you are having this week too! (I'm off for my first quarterly PET Scan - results next week)

2 comments:

lilly riera said...

girl.... that sounds like my kind of day... love the insectarium, all home and antiques stores and add puppies in the mix, that there is a perfect day!!!!

Deron and Tina said...

Good day! I can't believe you have to pay to pet the puppies. What has this world come to?